|Why locate your business or family in the Village of Paw Paw?
The Village of Paw Paw has...
- Over 6,000 households within a 10 minute drive
- Over 50,000 households within a 20 minute drive
- Over 114,000 households within a 30 minute drive
- Grant and loan opportunities available for retail, service, financial, medical and industrial businesses, whether new or existing (see below)
- Been hardwired with fiber optic for hi-speed voice, video and data communication
- Great Interstate access; I-94, exit 60, a heavily traveled route between Detroit and Chicago
- Excellent roadway routes; M-40 runs N & S and Red Arrow Highway (Michigan Avenue in the Village) runs E & W
- Great schools, both public and parochial
- Maple Lake in the heart of the Village
- An excellent hospital (Bronson Lakeview) and medical services
- Excellent supportive and progressive community where small town values, community spirit, and volunteerism is strong
- Excellent community festivals and events such as: Wine and Harvest Festival (60+ years and drawing 30,000+); Van Buren County’s grandest Christmas in the Village and Parade (30th annual event in 2008); Summer Concerts on the Lake; Summer Lunch-time programs in the downtown park; the Spring Fling, the Fall Extravaganza; Paw Paw Days; Annual International Drum and Bugle Review; and more.
|Support for your Business:
- Whether service, financial, medical, retail, or manufacturing - grant and loan opportunities exist; just for the asking!
- The Village of Paw Paw Downtown Development Authority has grant funding available for repair and restoration, painting and facade renovation up to $15,000. The DDA can also loan up to $15,000 for real or personal property as well as working capital.
- The Revolving Loan Fund can lend up to $200,000 to assist existing businesses as well as new businesses locating in the Village of Paw Paw.
- These grants and loans could be used along with funds from the Van Buren County Economic Development Committee and programs through the State of Michigan.